- Water and non-perishable food for each person for 3-5 days.
- First-aid kit
- Battery-operated flashlight and radio with extra batteries.
- Extra clothing and bedding (including shoes).
- Personal hygiene items.
- Specialty items such as prescription medications, baby formula, diapers and pet supplies.
- Plates, cups, utensils and a can opener.
- Copies of important documents such as driver’s licenses, birth certificates, insurance policies and financial information.
After assembling your kit, store it in a place known to all household members. Review the contents of your kit periodically to make sure food and water are fresh, and make sure stored medications are up to date.